Saturday, March 15, 2008

Speaking of the photograph










As Indian art seems to be touching the stratosphere in terms of prices, art marketers are turning to photographs as a new segment which has the potential to attract the middle-rung buyers. Photography as an art form is gaining ground in India with many talented young people turning to it as a medium of artistic expression. It is true that the photograph became an art object in Europe and in America almost a century ago.
The photograph, like cinema, made its appearance in India, as soon as it was born in the West in the 19th century. And some passionate photographers -- both Indian (for example, Raja Deen Dayal) and foreign -- emerged in India. The most iconic of them was perhaps Henri-Cartier Bresson. He seems to have inspired a generation of photographers in Indian ever since he shot Indian scenes in the late 1940s, 1950s and the 1960s.
A young generation is now experimenting with photography as a means of capturing the Indian reality as well as framing it as an artistic vision. Some of the pictures may seem a little self-conscious. Others may seem to be slightly contrived. But in all the pictures there is the attempt to capture a slice of reality in a picture which then stands alone and gives a glimpse of beauty.

3 comments:

TV de Plasma said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.

adam brown said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

adam brown said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

Secret Superstar, heartwarming, makes up for improbable twists with emotional realism

It has been quite rare to see a teenage girl and boy romance with all its innocence and without any of the usual filminess in Hindi cinema. ...